- 3 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® sirloin flap or skirt steak
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- Coarse kosher salt to taste
- 12 large soft flour tortillas
- Iceburg lettuce, finely sliced
Optional toppings: warm pinto or black beans, sour cream, finely shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese, cooked corn, guacamole
- Cut sirloin flap into 3-inch wide pieces, 1/2-inch thick, cutting with the grain. Pieces will vary in length from 4-6 inches. Place in a shallow baking dish.
- In a food processor or blender combine onion, garlic, cilantro, paprika, red pepper flakes, vinegar and oil by pulsing to a finely chopped consistency. Coat sirloin slabs evenly with two cups of sauce, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Reserve remaining sauce in a serving bowl.
- Preheat grill. Mark tortillas on hot grill 15 seconds per side; keep covered and warm. Pat beef dry with paper towels, season with salt and grill over high heat to medium. Slice thinly against the grain and serve rolled in warm tortillas with chimichurri and optional toppings.