- 4 (6-ounce) Certified Angus Beef ® filet mignon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Marsala or dry sherry
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Season filets with salt and pepper; dust lightly with flour. Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add filets; cook about 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove beef filets.
- Holding pan away from heat, add Marsala and red wine. Return back to stove top; cook over medium-high heat until reduced by half. Add stock, fennel and tomato paste. Simmer until reduced by half; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return filets to skillet and cook in sauce 3 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat for a medium degree of doneness. Place filets on warm serving plates and spoon sauce over each filet.