- 2 - 3 pounds Certified Angus Beef® skirt or sirloin flap steak
- 2 tablespoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried cilantro or Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Combine all spice ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Cut steak into 3 inch wide strips WITH the direction of the grain.
- Season pieces evenly with spice rub. Cover tightly in plastic wrap or zip lock plastic bag. Refrigerate at least one hour or overnight before cooking.
- Grill steaks over high heat to medium rare. Allow to rest five minutes before serving. Slice against the grain in thin strips.