- 4 (8-ounce) Certified Angus Beef ® filet mignon steaks
- 1 cup quick-cooking couscous
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen English (petite) peas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onion or leek, white portion only, cleaned well
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
- Additional salt & pepper to taste
- Place couscous in large mixing bowl. Bring beef broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add asparagus, peas, leeks, garlic, oil, salt and pepper; return to a boil then turn off heat. Pour broth mixture over couscous, stir to combine, cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap; set aside.
- Preheat grill. Season steaks with salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness. Allow steaks to rest 5 minutes.
- Using a fork, fluff couscous lightly to separate grains. Stir in lemon zest and parsley. Serve with steaks.